Please note that all images on this site are copyrighted by the artist and may not be reproduced without permission. Stone Lithographs

Monday, July 24, 2006

FOR SALE
Puffins -Original Stone Lithograph  $100

Click picture to enlarge: 

Puffins -Original hand-pulled stone lithograph by Janet L. Wissmann. - $100.

Edition 6 signed & numbered prints, plus two Artist's Proofs, on d'Arches cotton rag paper. Image size 7.5 x 10.25 inches; paper size 8 x 11.25 inches.

To purchase this stone lithograph:  phone me first and then I'll email you an invoice which you can pay by mailing a check OR using your credit card.  Phone Janet Wissmann 608-624-5511   9am to 9pm Central Time  7 days a week. 

 
 

More about the Lithograph, Puffins
 

 

Regarding Puffins above, Janet writes, "I used a variety of media to indicate texture and darkness of the volcanic rock in this little stone lithograph showing three Atlantic Puffins perched on a rock ledge.
"First, I dribbled and spattered liquid mask onto the stone into places I wanted to keep white, including the cutouts of the three little puffins. A soft lithographic crayon dragged sideways across and down the paper lent the bold jagged strokes, and tusche (an india-ink like substance) was painted with a brush into the darkest blacks.
"Then I scratched and scraped the drawn stone surface with a razor blade to remove the threadlike areas around the ledge so that it would stand out a bit more from the deep black behind it. I washed away the mask that I had applied earlier. This mask prevented any of the media from touching the stone, so the result was spots that would hold no ink during the inking process later and thus would appear white in the final prints. Finally, I used a lithographic pencil and tusche to fill in the details in the tiny puffins. Be sure to click on the pictures to see them enlarged.

"My experience with watercolors helped me in creating this charming little print, as watercolor forces you to do some planning before you begin to work on a piece. Most of these prints even have a deckle edge or two, just like an original watercolor painting--a nice touch that shows the print is hand-pulled. "

To purchase this stone lithograph:  phone me first and then I'll email you an invoice which you can pay by mailing a check OR using your credit card.  Phone Janet Wissmann 608-624-5511   9am to 9pm Central Time  7 days a week. 

 

« «back to top of page